instructs quality dance classes in the Hampton Roads areas; Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson,Williamsburg and Yorktown, Virginia.
Dance Works will provide you with a love of DANCE!
Welcome to Dance Works, a local dance studio in Hampton Roads, Virginia owned and operated by Miss Emma Mead.
We have weekly quality dance classes for all ages, in many genres including: Ballet, Pointe, Lyrical, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, Mommy&Me, and much more!
The home of Dance Works Dance Company, an elite competitive dance team.
Our Mission Statement
Live, Love, Dance! Dance Works mission is to provide instruction for quality dance throughout Hampton Roads in a fun and family oriented way.
Dance Works is committed to providing excellent, quality dance classes at an honest rate, in a safe, friendly, and healthy environment. We believe that anyone can be a dancer paired with dedicated teachers and hard work.
“I believe with patience, determination and hard work, each student has the potential to achieve far beyond his or her dreams.” Miss Emma Mead
Dear Dancing Families Happy October (We think! This weather is crazy hot!!)
We have so much to tell you to keep you up to date with what is happening at Dance Works so we’ll get right to it!
- Dance Works Apparel – Long Sleeve Shirts & Hoodies will be processed THIS WEEKEND – so get your order in!
- Halloween Horror Jazz Class with Zah (for 8-18 years) is filling up fast so don’t forget to register at the front desk. ANYONE can take this Pop-up Class, you don’t have to be registered in a jazz class to take this one!! It will be a blast! ONLY $10!! (see attached PDF)
- Halloween Night Tuesday October 31st – anyone who has their dance class on Tuesday evenings we sent an email about a Halloween Poll on Sign-up Genius, can you please complete the question on Sign-up Genius by the end of the week, to enable us to make a decision and move forward with arrangements. THANK YOU!!
- We have a few new flyers for our Homeschool & Pre-school classes (see attached) – word of mouth has always been our best advertisement so if you could forward them onto anyone you know might be interested we really appreciate it. If you are able to drop some flyers off somewhere (like a pre-school or daycare) and need some paper copies, just ask at the front desk. THANK YOU!
- Ballet Shoes with ties “piggy ears” at the front. Some ballet shoes have really long ties or elastics, and our younger dancers are often distracted by them. They can also be pulled too tight and become too tight on the dancers heel. To make it easy, Miss Emma will be looking closely over the few weeks at everyone’s shoes, and grooming where needed.
- Please make sure your dancer is wearing the correct dance wear and shoes for class.
And finally be on the look out for our new updated Student Handbook. Full of information and Dance Works details!!